Impress your family or guests with a gourmet salad. This easy Caesar Salad recipe is everything you’ll need to make a delicious, restaurant-quality Caesar salad made with romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese, and Creamy Caesar Dressing.
Servings: 8|Total Time: 30 Minutes
For the Creamy Cesar Dressing:
Yield: 1-1/3 cups
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise, such as Hellmann’s Real
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved or grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
For the Cesar Salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, cleaned and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan or shredded plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups croutons, to taste
How to Make Caesar Salad
For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, and pepper, and whisk until well combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. (This dressing will keep well in the fridge for about a week).
For the Salad: Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the Parmesan and croutons. Toss well.
To serve: Serve on individual salad plates, pour on the dressing and toss well or serve on the side. Sprinkle the shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese and croutons on each portion. Enjoy!