Take your Pumpkin bread up a notch with this rich, delicious, and lightly spiced pumpkin bread recipe. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the spices; the pumpkin bread will still be delicious without them all!
Servings: Makes 2 loaves | Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 285g (2 cups) all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Non-Aluminum baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3/4 cup avocado oil or 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Unsulphured molasses such as Grandma’s
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 (15-oz) canned 100% pure pumpkin puree
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Preheat the oven to 325 °F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line with parchment paper or grease (two) 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour; alternatively, use a baking spray with flour in it. Set aside.
In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the avocado oil, molasses, and sugars on medium speed until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pumpkin until well combined.
Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until just combined. Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65 – 75 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
This pumpkin bread can be frozen, double wrapped in clingfilm for up to 3 months. Defrost, covered, at room temperature for 3 hours.