This Chopped Garden Salad with Lime Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is one of our favorite salads! It’s a delicious blend of sweet, and savory flavors, and perfect for a side dish or meal. Loaded with lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, crunchy pecans, sweet/tart cranberries, green onions, red onion, Italian parsley, and a lime buttermilk ranch dressing, this garden salad makes a delicious addition to any meal. It’s easy to make and always a hit!
Servings: 4 | Total Time: 15 Minutes |
For Lime Buttermilk Ranch; Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup ken’s Buttermilk Ranch or any brand you prefer
- Juice and zest from 1 large lime or lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Garden Salad:
- 1 small iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 cup, toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 to 2 cups croutons
To toast the pecans: Preheat the oven to 350 ºF. Toast the pecans in a shallow pan until they begin to get fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool completely.
For the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium and stir to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve
For the Garden Salad: Place all the garden salad ingredients except the pecan, cranberries, and croutons in a large bowl and toss well.
To serve: Serve on individual salad plates, pour on the dressing and toss well or serve on the side. Sprinkle the toasted pecans, cranberries, and the croutons on each portion. Enjoy!