If you like eggplant, I think you will love this easy and healthy version of eggplant parm. The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices with marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese!
- 3 medium eggplant, wash and cut in 1/2 inch wide circles.
- 5 eggs, whisked with 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cups marinara sauce *(homemade or store-bought)
- 5-6 tomatoes, cut in thick slices
- 1 pound, sliced buffalo mozzarella cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese, cut in circles
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Approximately 15 fresh basil leaves
Instructions For the Eggplant Parmesan
Preheat oven to 425 F. Dip the eggplant in egg mixture, then breadcrumb and lay on sheet pan evenly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until soft, flipping halfway through.
Remove sheet pan and lower heat to 350 F. Flip each eggplant over and start assembling the stacks by layering the eggplant slices with sauce, a slice of tomato, cheese, and fresh basil; repeat the layering process until you have 2 slices in a stack. Top with a generous layer of cheese.
Return to oven at 350 F for about minutes. Once 15 minutes have passed turn the oven to broil on high. Broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty and golden brown. *(Keep a close watch so the cheese doesn’t burn).
Remove the sheet pan and sprinkle each Eggplant Parmesan with Parmesan and add a basil leaf to the top. Enjoy our Healthy Version of Eggplant Parmesan!