If you are looking for a quick, flavorful, and healthy dish for a weekday dinner, this Quick and Healthy Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe with less sugar & sodium is a perfect choice. It’s sweet, savory, and delicious!!! Ready in just 20 minutes.😋
Total Time: 20 minutes
How to Make the Honey Garlic Shrimp
For the Marinade:🦐
- 600g Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 ground cayenne pepper or black pepper
For the Sauce:🍯
- 1 tablespoon mushroom flavored dark soy sauce, dark soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, ground cayenne pepper or ground black pepper
For the Stir-fry:🧄
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 3-4 green onion, chopped plus for garnish
In a medium bowl or a large zip lock bag, combine the marinade ingredients. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients; set aside.
Place a large skillet over high heat with the oil, add garlic and ginger; stir and cook for a few seconds to release the fragrance. Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir-fry until the shrimp just begin to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the reserved sauce to the skillet and stir-fry until the shrimp is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the green onion and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Serve the Honey Garlic Shrimp stir-fry over steamed rice or steamed vegetables, garnished with the chopped green onions. Enjoy!